So it’s finally over and I’ve actually learnt loads from this project. As well as learning how to give the illusion of weight effectively I’ve also learned so much more about how to render with Arnold, particularly through messing around with finding a way to light my exterior scene.
I’ve also learnt how to use splines to rig ropes and set up a scene for a camera as well as just modelling an environment.
All in all I think it went pretty well, there are a few things I’d like to go back and improve on but not a bad finish to the year I think 🙂
So now that I’ve finished animating I just started making the scene look a bit nicer 🙂
So I got sick of looking at that stupid models face and ended up making a waterfall to make my scene look a little more interesting 🙂
So the rope doesn’t clip through his hands at all anymore and added a little bounce to it when he falls, still not sure on his front foot but sorted out the lighting and everything else as well now 🙂
So I’m now half way through inbetweening which I think will be done by Monday. Then I want to go in an fix that foot it just won’t stay still. I also need to sort out his fall his feet need to drag a bit more.
I noticed that the lighting looks a bit cold as well so I want to turn the temperature up a bit and then I should be ready to render 🙂
So apart from a bit of noise that needs fixing, my environment is completely textured and lit! Now I can start blocking out my animation 🙂
I step in the room they all notice that, and if you know you’re hot throw your shoulders back like….