So in this project although it wasn’t marked on anything but the movement of the character I think that an environment really helps with the story aspect of it.
So here is how you make one 🙂
- Blockout!Always start by blocking out a rough idea of what you want it to look like, it helps to set up your camera so you know where things are in the scene. The aim is to figure out composition and where your character will sit in the scene.
- Low poly scene!After blocking you need to fill your scene with the actual assets, adding colour to them helps define each bit and see how it will look overall, remember to change the material to AI Standard and don’t ever touch Lambert 1!
- Smoothing it out!Now you need to go into your assets and add edges so that when you smooth them over they don’t collapse on themselves and go all weird.
- Lighting!Next you want to light your scene. I used the standard 3 point lighting with area lights around my character, but then I also added a directional light as the sun and used the temperature setting the give it a warmer feel. I also added an AI Physical Sky as the background.
- Final Render!Finally once your scene is set up you want to test out what it looks like in the rendered image and that’s it!