So since the lecture on costume design I figured the gunslinger needed a new weapon that fit the character a bit more. so got the chance to model a shotgun 🙂
So my third character is finally finished thanks to Jack!
Here he is, Now I can finish blocking!
My initial plan was to have another human character but after how long I spent on my first one and the fact I had two more to do, I decided to make the antagonist a robot to cut down on modelling time. It would’ve worked out if the rig didn’t break but there ewe go :)))
My original villain design 🙂
So when Debra was going round the other day she was a bit confused to the actual setting of the story (and why my characters mask fits like that on his face) so heres a bit of context into the kind of setting I was going for.
I was looking at other games and films that were set in either a western, other worldly or apocalyptic environment.
Here are a few references I got ideas from 🙂
The Good The Bad and The Ugly (1968) – classic and used a lot of references for my camera shots, especially when I go into close ups on the eyes.
Borderlands 2 (2012) – really liked this one and the idea of it being on another planet.
This is the art style I went for (Disney Infinity) which is why his fingers are so blocky and what not 🙂
Star Wars Rebels was another inspiration and I really liked the setting and flat colours!
So I’ve finally finished helping James with his third year project, I modelled all three of his environments again and he seemed pretty happy with them so was worth the time spent 🙂
I’m basically ready to start animating now, annoyed its taken so long to get to this point but with 3 characters and a whole environment on top of everything else I’ve been doing I’m pretty pleased with where I’m at 🙂
So I’ve fully broken my rig for my third character, I don’t know how but its completely gone wrong so I’ll have to restart it.
Meanwhile I’ll start blocking without him whilst I slowly rebuild it.
On top of the helping the third years with their projects, 4 environments, one rigged rope, a recorded audio, an 800 word essay, a show reel, 2 logos, 1 banner, sketching and general practice, and the 4 shifts I’ve somehow been put on this week. Fun fun fun :))))))